Use Lavender Oil For Hair Growth
Hair loss and hair thinning is a very common problem faced by almost every individual. There are so many reasons behind hair fall. Some most common problems are stress, regular usage of chemical products and imbalanced diet. Surgical therapy is available which helps in growing the hair as the hair transplants and other therapies. But this treatment is very expensive. Though it is effective, it cannot be afforded by most of the people. And that is why we have a natural and inexpensive suggestion for you people.
So treating hair loss using natural ingredients would be cheap and effective at the same time. Lavender is mostly used for its pleasant fragrance. But more than that it has many health benefits. Lavender oil is that one ingredient which helps grow hair naturally. It promotes hair growth and increases blood flow to the scalp. Lavender oil is made directly from the lavender plant using distilling techniques; the end-product is full of health and skin benefits. It is a safe and valuable add-on to the hair care regimens and prevents thinning.
Ways to use lavender oil for hair growth:
1. Massage oil in the scalp:
- ½ cup of Lavender oil
- ½ cup of carrier oil (jojoba or coconut oil)
In a bowl add ½ cup of lavender oil and ½ cup of carrier oil (both in equal proportion). Dilute the lavender oil properly in a carrier oil and mix it well.
Then apply the oil to the scalp area using the fingertip. Don’t use the palm to apply oil to the hair. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off using shampoo. Leave the oil overnight and wrap the hair using a towel and wash it off with warm water the next day for maximum results. The fragrance of lavender oil will keep you fresh all day long. Lavender oil relieves the stress down and also heals the scalp area which will apparently lead to hair growth. Use the oil once in a week to get best results.
2. Mix the oil with other hair products:
- 4-5 drops of lavender oil
Take a bottle of the shampoo or conditioner which you use to wash the hair and then add 4-5 drops of lavender oil to it. Add only 4-5 drops of lavender oil per bottle to be safe.
Another option of using lavender oil would be, take some amount of shampoo in the palm and add 2-3 drops of lavender oil to it at the time of washing the hair. This way is preferable if one is using it on a trial basis. In both the way lavender oil can be added to the hair products which are used regularly. Adding oil to the hair products would be beneficial for healing scalp and for hair growth. It will also give fragrance to the hair. Add oil to the hair products every time before using it.
3. Lavender oil hair serum:
- ¼th cup of coconut oil
- 12 drops of lavender oil
- 6 drops of cedarwood oil
- 6 drops of rosemary oil
- ¼th cup of jojoba oil
Take a bowl and add the ¼th cup of coconut oil in it. Then stir it well until the coconut oil melts then add 6 drops of Cedarwood oil and 6 drops of rosemary oil and mix it well.Then add a ¼th cup of jojoba oil and mix all the ingredients well. Add 12 drops of lavender oil at last to the mixture.
Then pour the mixture into the glass bottle. The lavender oil hair serum would be ready to use. Take 4-5 drops of serum and apply it to the scalp area and tips. These will make hair shiny and smooth and it also promotes hair growth as the serum contains different essential oils which are good for hair.
Apply the serum 3-4 times a week to get maximum benefits and continue using it for 6 months.
4. Lavender oil hair mask:
- 2 eggs
- 8-10 drops of lavender oil
- 8-10 drops of rosemary oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
Take a vessel and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (one can also take 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon coconut oil instead) and add ½ ripe avocado and then blend both the ingredients using a blender. Blend it until you get a smooth paste. Then add 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon raw honey to it and again blend it. Then add 8-10 drops of lavender oil and 8-10 drops of rosemary oil. By following these steps, hair mask would be ready to use.
Comb the hair first and apply the hair mask evenly and try to cover all of the hair, especially the ends. Then wrap the hair using a shower cap or towel and allow the hair mask to sit for 45 minutes. After it, wash the hair using a shampoo. Use this hair mask once in a week to get the best results and continue doing it for 6 months.
Benefits of lavender oil:
- Regular massage of lavender oil in the scalp would help in controlling hair loss as it cures stress, insomnia, and anxiety which are the common causes of hair loss.
- Massage scalp using warm oil mixture made my mixing lavender oil and olive oil will help you get rid of a dry and itchy scalp. Lavender oil has anti-bacterial properties in it which will remove dandruff from its root.
- Washing the hair with the mixture made by boiling 1/2 cup of dried lavender, 2 cups of water and 8-10 drops of lavender oil will work as a conditioner and will give a natural shine to the hair.
Points to remember:
- Avoid rubbing the scalp with a towel when the hairs are wet, as the wet hair is most weak which can be a reason for the hair loss.
- Drink lots of water and eat raw fruits and vegetables more which will give proper nutrients to the hair and will lead to hair growth.
- Don’t tie the hair tightly, as the too much pressure can weaken the hair and can lead to hair loss.
- Avoid using chemical products on a regular basis as they end up damaging the hair completely, use natural ingredients instead.
You might find this article interesting Home Remedies For Scabs On Scalp