Funny Thanksgiving Jokes That Will Be A Hit At The Kids' Table On Turkey Day
As great as keeping up family traditions can be at your relatives’ house on Thanksgiving Day, we’re just going to come right out and say it—all that togetherness in such close quarters can sometimes get to your head faster than Uncle Tim’s signature holiday cocktail. And after you’ve made "gobble 'til you wobble" proud and the plates have been cleared away from the Thanksgiving dinner, there’s always that collective, "Okay—now what?" that every household falls under...because the post-food coma nap sessions can only last so long. Sure, you could watch a Thanksgiving movie, try (emphasis on try) to squeeze in another slice of pie, and get ready to go Black Friday shopping. Or, you could just lighten the mood with a funny Thanksgiving joke!
From puns to one-liners fit for a Thanksgiving meme, there's no shortage of Turkey Day-related witticisms that are just too plucking good not to love. Your nearest and dearest will raise their gobble-lets to any of these festive quips related to eating, pilgrims, and the true star of the show—turkey. And, don't worry—each one is PG enough to toss around the kids' table. After you're done saying Thanksgiving prayers before dinner, you can sign off with a clever knock-knock joke or punchy parody. This year, give thanks for the best Thanksgiving jokes out there, which will inevitably make every turkey-stuffed mouth curl into a smile. Because there's no harm in poking a little bit of fun while everyone pokes at their food.
Turkey Thanksgiving Jokes
- "What key has legs and can't open a door?" "A turkey."
- "Why did they let the turkey join the band?" "Because he had his own drumsticks."
- "What happened to the turkey that got in a fight?" "He got the stuffing knocked out of him!"
- "Why shouldn't you sit next to a turkey at dinner?" "Because he will gobble it up."
- "If you call a big turkey a gobbler, what do you call a small one?" "A goblet."
- "What do you call a running turkey?" "Fast food."
- "What's blue and covered in feathers?" "A turkey holding its breath."
- "What's the best song to play while cooking a turkey?" "All about that baste."
- "Why did the turkey cross the road?" "He wanted people to think he was a chicken."
- "Why was the turkey put in jail?" "The police suspected fowl play."
- "How come the turkey didn't eat dinner?" "He was already stuffed."
- "What did the turkey say to the computer?" "Google, google."
Thanksgiving Food Jokes
- "What role do green beans play in Thanksgiving dinner?" "The casse-role."
- "What's Frankenstein's favorite Thanksgiving dish?" "Monster mash potatoes and grave-y."
- "What's a turkey's favorite dessert?" "Peach gobbler!"
- "Why was the Thanksgiving soup so expensive?" "It had 24 carrots."
- "What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children?" "If your father could see you now, he'd turn over in his gravy!"
- "Why did the cranberries turn red?" "Because they saw the turkey dressing."
- "My grandma made mashed potatoes from a box. That's it. That's the joke."
Thanksgiving Jokes for Kids
- "What do you wear to Thanksgiving dinner?" "A har-vest."
- "Why didn't the cook season the Thanksgiving turkey?" "There was no thyme!"
- "What's a turkey's favorite Thanksgiving food?" "Nothing—it's already stuffed."
- "Which holiday is Dracula's favorite?" "Fangs-giving."
- "What's the best dance to do on Thanksgiving?" "The turkey trot."
- "What instrument does a turkey play?" "The drumsticks!"
- "What kind of key can't open doors?" "A tur-key."
- "What kind of noise does a limping turkey make?" "Wobble, wobble."
Pilgrim Thanksgiving Jokes
- "What kind of music did the pilgrims listen to?" "Plymouth Rock."
- "If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?" "Pilgrims."
- "Why didn't the pilgrim want to make the bread?" "It's a crummy job."
- "What do you a call the age of a pilgrim?" "Pilgrimage."
- "Why do pilgrims' pants always fall down?" "Because they wear their buckles on their hats!"
Thanksgiving Knock-Knock Jokes
- "Knock knock!" "Who's there?" "Norma Lee." "Norma Lee who?" "Norma Lee I don't drink eat this much!"
- "Knock knock!" "Who's there?" "Tamara." "Tamara who?" "Tamara we'll eat all the leftovers!"
- "Knock knock!" "Who's there?" "Annie." "Annie who?" "Annie body seen the turkey?"
- "Knock knock!" "Who's there?" "Arthur." "Arthur who?" "Arthur any leftovers?"
- "Knock knock!" "Who's there?" "Don." "Don who?" "Don eat all the gravy, I want some more."
- "I'm all about that baste."
- "Stop, drop, and pass the rolls!"
- "My family told me to stop telling Thanksgiving jokes, but I said I couldn't quit cold turkey."
- "I only have pies for you."
- "Hey I just met you, and this is gravy, but here's my stuffing, so carve me maybe."
- "Let's get basted."
- "Gobble 'til you wobble."
- "Oh my gourd, I ate too much."