12 So-Easy, No-Bake Thanksgiving Desserts
White Chocolate-Cranberry Cheesecake
Sure, we love a statement-making cheesecake, but try these individual parfaits for a quickie twist. Prepare the cheesecakes up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve (just keep the cranberries separate and top right before serving).
• 1 pound cranberries, fresh or frozen
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 25 gingersnap cookies
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
• 3 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
• 2 tablespoon heavy cream
1. Put the cranberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on High 4 minutes or until syrupy, stirring halfway through. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cool.
2. Meanwhile, pulse the gingersnap cookies and butter in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment until finely ground.
3. Beat the cream cheese, white chocolate, heavy cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until smooth.
4. For each cheesecake parfait: Layer crumbs, cheesecake filling and cooled cranberries in a jar or dessert cup. Keep cool until ready to serve.
We tweaked the idea of "pie a la mode" and put the vanilla ice cream right inside. You can make this pie up to 5 days before the big event and store in the freezer.
SERVES: 8 to 10
• 1 pint vanilla ice cream
• 1 cup pure pumpkin
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 store-bought graham cracker crust
• Whipped cream, for decorating and/or serving
1. Soften the vanilla ice cream in the microwave, about 30 seconds.
2. Beat the ice cream, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Pour into the graham cracker crust and freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
3. Garnish and/or serve with whipped cream, if desired.
This choco-latte tiramisue is for the chocolate lovers in the family. The longer it sits, the more delicious it gets. Want to turn this into an adults-only treat? Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of rum or coffee-flavored liqueur to the liquid in step 3.
SERVES: 8 to 10
• 1 cup cold heavy cream
• 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 2/3 cup chocolate chips, melted
• 8 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
• 1 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
• 30 to 32 crisp ladyfingers
• Chocolate curls or shavings, for sprinkling (optional)
1. Beat the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar with a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on medium-high until stiff-peaks form.
2. Mix the chocolate and mascarpone in a large bowl until combined. Stir in one-quarter of the whipped cream to lighten, then fold in the remaining whipped cream until there are no streaks.
3. Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang. Mix the coffee and remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar in shallow bowl. One at a time, dip the ladyfingers in the coffee mixture until soaked but not soggy; arrange 1 row in bottom of loaf pan. Top with a layer of chocolate filling. Repeat to make 4 layers, ending with ladyfingers (save leftover filling for coating). Cover with plastic wrap overhang and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
4. Invert tiramisu onto serving plate and remove plastic wrap. Spread remaining coating on top and sides of tiramisu loaf using an offset spatula, if desired. Sprinkle top with chocolate curls.
Go ahead and wait til' the last minute. This baby takes just 15 minutes to make but we promise no one will be able to tell.
Get the recipe for No Bake Carrot Cheesecake »Caramel Apple Golden Oreo Icebox Cake
From caramel apples oozing from the top to layers of cheesecake and golden Oreos, this no-bake dessert is one for the Thanksgiving books.
Get the recipe from The Recipe Rebel »
We can get down with these gingersnap-crusted minis, especially when doused with warm caramel sauce.
Get the recipe from Sweet & Savory by Shinee »
Don't be fooled by the elegance, these trifles are every bit as creamy and indulgent as pumpkin pie.
Get the recipe for No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Mini Trifles »Lemon Maple Icebox Cake
For those of you who aren't that into pumpkin, here's a no-bake citrusy layer cake to try. The filling is made with Greek yogurt so it's pretty healthy too.
Get the recipe for Lemon Maple Icebox Cake »
If it comes in a graham cracker crust, we are all over it. Case in point: the fluffiest, dreamiest cranberry pie you'll ever meet.
Get the recipe from White on Rice Couple »
Slice up these (healthy) no-bake pie bars for all those vegan, gluten-free or paleo people in your life.
Get the recipe from Detoxinista »
Pumpkin, mascarpone, ladyfingers and whipped cream - These are a few of our favorite things.
Get the recipe from Tasty Kitchen »
No-Bake Apple Cobbler
Ok so there is a brief microwave period involved for these decked out apple treats, but we don't think you will mind once you taste them.
Get the recipe from Fork and Beans »