⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Part I ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ “The Luckiest Kid In The World
“The luckiest kid in the world,” I kept thinking while going to my seat on the bus, with quite a silly smile on my face that, apparently, I couldn’t wipe it off.
– What? He asked me, also with a smile on his face.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Nothing. I answered, still smiling. .
What I wanted to say, if it wasn’t for a lady behind us, was how happy I was to be alone with him, how I was looking forward for him to sleep and wake up in my arms, without worrying about Mafalda coming in, and how amazing his parents were, for giving us those three days. I would've held his hand, if it wasn’t for the people in the bus. Instead, I touched his shoulder with mine, like a brother or friend would, very innocently. My entire world was on those narrow shoulders of his. He had brought his walkman along, so we listened to some music to help time pass, taking turns with the headphones.
– Here, listen to this one. Do you know it?
– I think it’s Bach, right?
– Yes, The Goldberg Variations, by Johann Sebastian Bach. I’m thinking about transcribing it for the piano. The music was originally composed for the harpsichord. – I thought about how I was going to miss his way of saying things, as if self-conscious about his knowledge but at the same time, very secure of it. – These variations remind me of you, actually, in a deeper sense, I mean. – He continued.
– Oh, really? How so?
– Well, they were famous for being a very difficult, very laborious exercise. Musicians used to dread playing it. Just like you on your first weeks.
– Excuse me?
– Yes, but now they are widely appreciated for its emotional range and depth. People want to hear it and play it all the time. It’s considered a favorite among musicians now.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Hmm, I see. So you’re saying...
– Yes, I’m saying. – he said, interrupting me.
– Gotcha ya. – I was over the moon. He looked at me and shook his head in affirmation. I smilled and touched his left shoulder with my right shoulder again, our way to kiss in public.
Words by me. 🌹
Part II is coming and it's actually one of my favorites.