How Much Does IVF Treatment Cost In India?
- Benefits Of Getting IVF Treatments In India
- Infertility Disease Burden: Statistics
- In Vitro Fertilisation – Chance Of Success
- What Infertility Disorders Can Be Treated In India?
- IVF Costs (In Vitro Fertilisation) Treatments In India
India has been a forerunner in the world of medical tourism, especially for infertility treatments. Patients as a rule pay less than half of what they would in their own countries and this is what draws so many reproductively-challenged medical tourists to the country.
IVF (In vitro fertilisation) treatments in India are extremely affordable, especially when compared to the rates in western countries. Let’s look at a list on why many reproductively-challenged couples choose India for IVF treatments. Read on to know about ivf cost in India.
Benefits Of Getting IVF Treatments In India:
Every year, thousands of patients of different health conditions and diseases flock to the country to get treatment from renowned specialists in cities like Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Lucknow, Kolkata and many others. Here are a few of the reasons why India has become one of the top destinations for IVF treatments:
- Low-cost treatment options compared to Western countries.
- Availability of state-of-the-art technology, which cost so much more in advanced countries like the US, UK, etc.
- Use of cutting-edge techniques to treat infertility.
- Experienced IVF specialists who are just as skilled as the doctors in first world countries.
- Advanced facilities that are at par with the rest of the world to make every patient’s stay comfortable.
- Presence of English-speaking medical staff to make communication much easier compared to getting treatments in countries like Thailand or Mexico.
- Helpful medical tour consultants to help international patients find the best hospitals and most reputed medical experts in the country.
Infertility Disease Burden:
In Vitro Fertilisation – Chance Of Success:
Any woman’t abilty to conceive a baby minimzes with increase in age. It is important to note that when you use your own eggs, your chances of success are higher the younger you are.
In the year 2010, women who opted for in vitro fertilisation (IVF) using new embryos that were created with their own new eggs, the percentage of cycles initiated resulted in a live birth was:
What Infertility Disorders Can Be Treated In India?
The IVF centres in India treat all types of infertility disorders to help childless patients gain the chance to get pregnant. Some of the disorders treated are as follows:
- Fallopian tubes that are blocked or damaged.
- Disorders that involve ovulation.
- Low sperm count or other disorders that are sperm-related.
Patients who do not want to spend a fortune on treatments can visit India to get world-class treatment for infertility. The doctors in the country are well-known for the personal attention that they provide to each patient and the miles they go to make sure that the treatments provided are successful.
IVF Costs (In Vitro Fertilisation) Treatments In India:
How much does ivf treatment cost in India? Yes this is the second question comes to every patient’s mind after selecting an IVF centre. Here we have discussed a basic structure of the rates. Please note rates are subject to change as per hospitals, spread across the nation.
- Rates For Basic IVF Treatment:
For one IVF session, the average cost of treatment in India is approximately Rs. 2,50,000. This is not fixed, as it is possible that the rate can go up as high as Rs. 4,50,000 for one cycle of the treatment.
- Rates For Any Advanced Treatments:
If a patient requires advanced technological assistance in IVF, the cost can go much higher. For instance, an ICSI treatment will require an additional Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 2,50,000. An FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) procedure will cost patients about Rs. 1,20,000, apart from the IVF cost in India.
If an IVF clinic promises treatment for less than Rs. 1,50,000, keep in mind that there may be additional hidden costs that will be added to a patient’s bill later. Patients should always ask if the treatment rate quoted includes expenses such as cost of fertility drugs, blood work, monitoring and ultrasound, etc. Asking well-researched questions before getting the treatment can save you from surprisingly high medical bills and disputes with the clinic.
Infertility specialists in IVF clinics in India have the ability and technology to provide satisfactory solutions for infertility. With so many reputed centres in different cities across the country, patients can increase their chances of conceiving. By this they can realize their dream of becoming happy parents of a beautiful and healthy baby!
Share your experiences with us.