Best Face Wash For Oily Skin – 5 Amazing DIY Recipes One Must Try!
Oily skin is a real nightmare for some people. No matter how much amount of the “suitable” cleanser you use or how strict your skin care regime is, it still somehow ends up oily only, & that too at the worst possible moment. Oily skin is caused when the sebaceous glands on our skin start producing extra sebum oil which attracts a host of foreign particles like dirt, pollution, harmful chemicals and grime which makes the skin super greasy and dull.
Here are some home remedies that can absorb and remove the excess oil from the skin:
Banana Face Mask
Bananas are one of the best home remedies for treating oily skin.
- One ripe banana
- Honey – 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon – 1 Teaspoon
- Peel a ripe banana and cut it into small pieces.
- Now mash these pieces in a bowl using the back of a fork or spoon and add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Mix the ingredients for a while and then pour three-four drops of lemon juice into the mixture. This will result in the mixture getting all smooth and creamy.
- Wash your face with warm water before applying the paste on your face. Massage the paste for some time and then leave it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the face pack using water and a soft washcloth.
- Repeat this procedure twice a week to fight oily skin.
Cinnamon and Honey
Cinnamon and Honey make a great combination not just for oily skin but also for other skincare issues. Cinnamon’s antimicrobial properties prevent the bacteria from growing on the skin and the antibiotic properties of Honey treat the oily skin.
- Honey – 2 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Wash your face with cold water before starting this remedy.
- Mix two teaspoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a small cup. You need to whisk the mixture for quite some time to have created a fine paste.
- Gently apply this mask over your face and neck regions. This face mask can also treat the aftereffects of an oily skin, i.e. pimples.
- Leave the paste on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Honey makes the paste sticky, so it would be difficult to wash it off using water. Scrub the paste using a paper towel first and then rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week as per the amount of oil in your skin.
Coconut oil has been the go-to ingredient for all the skin related problems for mother and grandmothers for centuries now. Coconut oil is rich in vitamins, potassium, iron and other nutrients apart from being a natural antibacterial and antifungal agent.
- Coconut oil – 3 Teaspoons
- Honey – 1 Teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 Teaspoon
- Pour 3 teaspoons of coconut oil in a small container which has a lid.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of baking soda in the oil. Stir the mixture well until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- It is recommended to use a warm spoon as it makes the process a little easier. Using extra virgin coconut oil and raw honey will have added benefits.
- Leave the mixture to settle for an hour or so.
- Take a tablespoon oil out from the container. Don’t worry if it’s frozen, it will melt quickly.
- Gently massage the oil over your neck and face moving the fingers in a circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes so the sebaceous glands on your face are cleaned up.
- Wash it off using warm water.
- You can use this remedy every day for an oil-free skin.
Bentonite Clay Face Mask
Green clay or Bentonite clay is a volcanic ash which is rich in calcium, iron, potassium, sodium, and magnesium. It is one of the best face masks for the oily and greasy skin as it brings out the toxins, unclogs pores, removes excess oil, heals skin, reduces scars and prevents pimples as well.
- Green Clay – 1 Teaspoon
- Palmarosa essential oil – 3-4 Drops
- Apricot kernel oil – 2 Teaspoons
- Mix one teaspoon green clay powder and two teaspoons apricot kernel oil in a small cup and stir the mixture well to make a grainy paste.
- Add 3-4 drops of the essential oil and lukewarm water to make a smooth fine paste.
- Gently spread the paste over your face and neck for 10-15 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse off the dried clay and a washcloth to properly remove it from your face.
- Use this clay twice a week to get a gentle smooth skin.
Milk is very good in maintaining the pH balance of the skin. It has alpha hydroxy acid which is very good for exfoliating the skin and making it soft and supple. This homemade cleanser will wash oil from the skin away.
- Raw cold milk – 3-4 Tablespoons
- Orange peel powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Cotton ball
- Mix a teaspoon of orange peel powder with 3 or 4 tablespoons of raw cold milk in a small bowl. The orange peel powder will mask the smell of raw milk.
- Dip a cotton ball in the bowl to soak in the paste for a minute and then apply it over your face by gently massaging with your fingers in an anticlockwise direction for five minutes and then in a clockwise direction for 5 minutes.
- Wait for another five minutes before washing your face with normal water.
- This remedy can be stored in the refrigerator for future use if made in a bulk amount. You can use the remedy or cleanser every day if you like.
You might find this article interesting Effective Remedies To Deal With Oily Skin