Rimming is a good way to give someone pleasure and avoid pregnancy, but not everyone is into it.
What is rimming?
- Rimming is when one person licks, kisses and generally arouses another person’s anus or the area around it.
Will rimming expose me to any STIs?
- Yes, you can be exposed to STIs from rimming including Herpes (Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 also known as HSV-1) and HPV (warts).
- Use a dental dam when rimming someone to protect yourself from STIs.
- For more information on STIs and how to protect yourself check out the section on STIs .
Can pregnancy happen from rimming?
- No, you cannot cause a pregnancy from just rimming. Pregnancy can only happen if sperm is ejaculated in or near the vagina.
- For more on how pregnancy happens, check out our info page .
How can I protect myself when rimming?
- If STIs are a concern for you then it is a good idea to protect yourself with a dental dam while rimming.
- You can cut a condom along the side to make a dental dam or buy one at sex shops and sexual health clinics.
- For more on dental dams, check out our info page .
- Probably not.
- To avoid this possibility, the person receiving the rim could have a bath or take a shower before.