Cleaners Reveal The Weirdest Things They'Ve Found At Work - Including A 'Dollhouse Brothel' And A Dead Chicken
Cleaners get to see parts of people's homes they don't normally show off to guests as part of their day to day jobs.
And this means they get to see the things people perhaps don't want everyone to see...
A new survey of more than 2,000 cleaners has revealed some of the strangest things they've ever come across while they were work - and the results are just as weird as you would expect.
The top ten list, produced by local services marketplace Bark.com , includes a box of ladies fingernails, a Voodoo doll full of pins and a 5ft plaster cast of a penis.
Kai Feller, Bark.com co-founder, said: "It’s interesting to see the sorts of things people have in their houses, cleaners get a unique and intimate insight into the lives of others, I doubt there’s ever a dull day on the job.
"I hope member of the public will have a newfound respect for cleaners after seeing the results of our research - it’s obvious that they have to put up with the most weird and wonderful requests on a daily basis."
Ten of the weirdest items cleaners have found in a client’s house:
1. A cardboard box full of ashes
2. A collection of Voodoo dolls full of pins
3. A clean chicken carcass under a pile of magazines
4. A jewellery box full of ladies’ fingernails
5. 5ft plaster cast statue of a penis
6. A sexual dollhouse brothel
7. A real elephant’s foot
8. A jar of dead moths
9. A replica farm in the living room complete with real grass and watering holes
10. A 10-inch wooden dildo
The cleaners also revealed some of the more awkward things that have happened, including a client bursting in to use the loo when they were cleaning the shower.
One turned the TV on find a porn playing, while her boss was in the room.
One woman was also made to wear a webcam while she was cleaning a home.
Others also shared the weirdest things they've ever been asked to clean..
- A large stone statue of a very well-endowed man
- A client’s grandmother
- Miniature dolls posed in sexual positions (presumably for the dollhouse brothel)
- The soiled area of a recently deceased person (could be smelt 200 feet away)
- A taxidermy pigeon collection
- A client’s dentures
- A collection of moss covered rocks in the living room
- A fridge full of maggots
- Nazi memorabilia
- A plastic fairground pig
Have you ever had an embarrassing or awkward moment at work? Email email@example.com.