30 Hilarious Memes That Capture Just How Bad Cheating Sucks
Just don't do it.
Why do people cheat? It's a question many of us find ourselves pondering frequently because it seems like having an affair is something that should be easily avoided. Luckily for you, we've compiled the best bad marriage memes and cheating memes that hit the two-timing nail right on the untrustworthy head.
But on more serious terms, if you're not happy or satisfied in your relationship, then leave. Break things off and end the relationship before committing adultery even becomes an option.
Becoming involved with another man or woman should never be the answer if you're looking to fill the void in a committed relationship, no matter how attracted you become to someone else or much you may even think you love them.
Still, cheating is something that continues to happen all over the world, every single day. Rather than speak directly to their spouses or partners about their issues and areas of dissatisfaction or resentment, people lie and sneak around behind their loved ones' backs, causing devastating amounts of heartbreak.
How often do these kinds of betrayals actually happen? According to a study conducted in 2016 by the Statistic Brain Research Institute, here are some basic stats on infidelity in modern times:
- In over 1/3 of marriages, one or both partners admit to infidelity, either emotional or physical.
- 22 percent of men say that they've cheated on their significant other.
- 14 percent of women admit to cheating on their significant other.
- 36 percent of men and women admit to having an affair with a coworker.
- 17 percent of men and women admit to having an affair with a sister-in-law or brother-in-law.
- People who have cheated before are 350 percent more likely to cheat again.
- Affairs are most likely to occur two years into a marriage.
- 35 percent of men and women admit to cheating while on a business trip.
- 9 percent of men admit they might have an affair to get back at a spouse.
- 14 percent of women admit they might have an affair to get back at a spouse.
- 10 percent of affairs begin online.
- 40 percent of the time online affairs turn into real life affairs.
Cheating is one of the worst ways to crush someone's spirit. Once you've been cheated on, it can feel like it will be almost impossible to ever trust anyone else. And once you've become a cheater, it can be difficult for anyone who knows your history to ever trust you in particular.
Basically, just don't do it. Temptations will always be out there, but if you're truly happy with your partner, cheating shouldn't be a thought that enters your mind.