25 Insightful Dr.Seuss Quotes We Can All Learn And Grow From
It's Dr. Seuss Day!
Dr. Seuss books are truly a childhood staple and his quotes will forever be in the back of our minds.
The legendary children’s author, whose full name is Theodor Seuss Geisel, is a figure so prominent in nearly every person’s childhood. His famous books like "Green Eggs and Ham" and "The Cat in The Hat" helped many kids around the globe share a similar memory of happily reading the rhythmic words over and over again.
Dr. Seuss Day celebrates the author’s birthday on March 2. The holiday was established in 1998 when the National Education Association created Dr. Seuss Day and Read Across America Day, so it wasn’t a shock when the committee decided to place both holidays on the famous author’s birthday to encourage more Americans to read.
On the surface, the children’s books may seem pretty elementary and kiddish. Without much thought, a lot of the words can seem like they’re meant to only be catchy and to keep a child’s attention span long enough to finish the book. However, when you further inspect the text, a lot of the lines teach valuable life lessons, which is very important for a child’s developmental years. The text and themes of the books help teach children how to be more kind, selfless, and goal-driven individuals.
Outside of his literature, Dr. Seuss often says a lot of thought-provoking words to spread messages of happiness, love, and success. He was a wise man both within the worlds he created and in reality. We cannot thank the man enough for creating the marvelous Seuss world for us all to enjoy.
In honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday and his legacy, here are 25 quotes from the author that gave us joy, valuable life lessons, and happiness.
1. There’s nothing better than being ourselves.
“Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!”
2. Dr. Seuss made us look forward to another day.
“You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!”
3. We learned that eyes are not just meant for looking but for observing too.
“If you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you will learn. Oh, the most wonderful stuff.”
4. The people who truly love you won’t judge you.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
5. Existence itself is a blessing you often take for granted.
“If you’d never been born, then you might be an Isn’t! An Isn’t has no fun at all. No, he didn’t!”
6. The most beautiful things really make you speechless.
“In the places I go there are things that I see that I never could spell if I stopped with the Z.”
7. Ease up and don’t take life too seriously.
“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do. And that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.”
8. Always approach things with a level head.
“So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life is a great balancing act.”
9. Appreciate what you had instead of mourning what you lost.
“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
10. Trees need our protection and respect, too.
“I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.”
11. You can achieve anything you put your mind to.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
12. You learn that love is supposed to feel special.
“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
13. Life is better with a little humor.
“From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”
14. You learn that being crazy is really a smart thing.
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.”
15. Being indecisive makes a good tongue twister.
“Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.”
16. When you read, you allow your imagination to run wild.
“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.”
17. Dr. Seuss really lectured us on social equality.
“I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.”
18. Christmas is about love and the presents are just bonuses.
“Christmas doesn’t come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.”
19. He knew mental health should be taken seriously.
“I’m afraid sometimes you’ll play lonely games too, games you can’t win because you’ll play against you.”
20. Use your imagination.
“In my world, everyone’s a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!”
21. Your opinion is not stupid and it truly matters.
“So, open your mouth, lad! For every voice counts!”
22. There are so many things to do and places to explore.
“Oh the places you'll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.”
23. Learn to take the good with the bad.
“I'm sorry to say so but, sadly, it's true that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.”
24. Appreciate what you have.
“It’s a troublesome world. All the people who are in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.”
25. And lastly, adhere to Dr. Seuss’ last wishes…
“Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.”
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious friendship truths, we've got you covered.