Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich
Here's a lunch that's quick (thanks to precooked chicken and prepared salad dressing), yet will satisfy you for hours. Try taking it to the office.
Tip: Use leftover chicken for the sandwich filling, or purchase a rotisserie chicken from the market.
- 4 oz (about 1) cooked chicken breast, shredded or diced
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- ¼ medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp prepared Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 large whole-wheat pita
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except pita.
- Trim ½ inch off an edge of the pita and fill pita with salad. If making sandwich to go, wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
Makes 1 sandwich.
- 1 serving = 485 calories
- Protein: 1 serving
- Vitamin C: 2 servings
- Calcium: ½ serving
- Green/yellow vegetable: 1½ servings
- Whole grains: 2 servings
- Fat: 1 serving