15 Best Pregnancy Footwear To Buy In 2019
During pregnancy, women often shop for new clothes to accommodate their expanding belly. But what they often forget to shop are shoes. Pregnancy does not spare your feet. Your feet swell too. And so putting away your favorite pumps for the next few months becomes inevitable.
So which shoes should you wear during pregnancy? This MomJunction post tells you about footwear during pregnancy and gives you a list of the best pregnancy footwear to consider.
15 Best Pregnancy Footwear
1. Clarks Women’s Arla Glison Flip Flop
This soft and cushiony flip-flop can take on all that excess weight and still let you walk comfortably. It is your best bet for a hot summer evening.
- Works well for during and post-pregnancy wear
- Made using Cushion Soft technology, so the skin feels fresh
- EVA midsole provides good shock absorption and reduces stress on the feet
- High-density foam provides extra cushioning
- Platform heels up to 1 inch
- Washable in machine
2. Skechers Sport Women’s Breathe Easy Fortune Fashion Sneaker
If you go for walks to stay fit during pregnancy, you can always opt for this good pair of sneakers that will keep you comfortable.
- Easy to wear and take off.
- Soft knit mesh allows the skin to breathe
- Rubber sole for shock absorption and reduction of stress on joints and ankles
- Memory foam insole provides good arch support
- Available in a variety of colors and designs
3. Clarks Unstructured Women’s Un.Loop Slip-On Shoe
This casual pair of shoes is comfortable to wear and looks fashionable too.
- Comes with a unique unstructured ventilation system with vents that takes in cool, fresh air and removes moist, warm air
- One-inch heel and a broad front, so toes have enough room
- Cushioned heel collar for comfortable wear and movement
- Rubber sole for good traction
4. Under Armour Women’s Ignite VIII Slide Sandal
These simple pair of sandals can make your feet feel pampered with the ultra-soft texture and comfort it offers.
- Footbed comes with two layers of 4D foam for greater comfort
- Contoured foot provides arch support
- Low heel holds the foot in an apt anatomical position
- EVA outsole provides better shock absorption
5. Ariat Women’s Cruiser Slip-on Shoe Casual
Casual is never casual for fashion-conscious women. Have a look at this uber-chic pair of slip-on casual shoes.
- Side stretch elastic panels provide comfort to growing feet
- EVA midsole absorbs shock to protect joints from stress
- Duratread outsole makes the shoe flexible and slip-resistant
- Synthetic sole makes it lightweight
- Available in a variety of colors
6. Roxy Women’s Bayshore Slip on Shoe Sneaker
Do not be fooled by the laces. This is a slip-on pair of shoes that can make walking less painful for the feet during pregnancy.
- Air-cooled memory foam keeps your feet cool and dry
- Flexible outsole makes unrestricted movement easy
- Molded arch provides better support
- Heels come with delicate print
- Available in various different colors
7. BOBS from Skechers Women’s Keepsakes Ice Angel Slipper
This Ice Angel Slipper can help complete your classy look for the evening.
- Cable knit sweater upper makes it stretchable and flexible
- Rubber sole provides stable absorbs shock and offers arch support
- Faux fur detailing gives it a classy look
- Ideal option to wear during winters
8. Adidas Women’s Adilette CloudFoam Slide
What can be more comfy than a pair of slide slippers?
- Easy to wear and remove
- Synthetic upper makes it durable and lightweight
- EVA outsole for comfortable movement
- Cloudfoam Plus footbed keeps feet comfortable
9. Scholl’s Shoes Women’s Rate Boot
Now you can wear boots in summer too. This pair of boots is designed for comfortable wear.
- Perforated detailing and side cuts make it ideal for hot weather
- Anatomical cushioning ensures comfort and good support
- Lightweight and flexible material makes walking comfortable
- Stylish design looks attractive and fashionable
- It comes with a one-inch heel
10. Vionic Women’s Tide II Toe Post Sandal
Looking for a regular sandal but with extra comfort? Have a look at this toe post sandal.
- EVA midsoles protect joints from pressure
- TPR outsoles make it lightweight and flexible
- Ideal for indoor use
- Leather material offers durability
- Soft strap makes it appropriate to wear during summers
- Available in a variety of colors
11. UGG Women’s Classic Mini Ii Winter Boot
It is a comfortable yet fashionable pair of boots. Now you do not have to wear plain shoes when stylish boots are equally comfortable.
- Comes with cushioned Treadlite outsole for traction and durability
- Waterproof body adds to its durability
- Fur lining makes it ultra-comfortable to wear
12. Crocs Women’s Swiftwater Graphic Flat Sandal Sport
Classic white sandals can complete any look. Why wear plain boring sandals when graphic sandals can look this pretty?
- Croslite foam cushion provides ultimate comfort
- Synthetic sole makes it a super-light and flexible sandal
- Soft TPU straps make the sandal look attractive
- Outsole with flex grooves enables easy movement
- It is water-resistant
13. TOMS Women’s Classic Canvas Slip-On Shoe
Canvas shoes can never go out of fashion. They are cool, comfy, and durable. And this pair of shoes is really pretty.
- Synthetic sole prevents slipping
- Upper comes with an elastic inset so your toes do not have to squeeze in to fit
- Padded footbed gives extra comfort
- Cushioning rubber outsole for better shock absorption
14. Birkenstock Women’s Arizona
This pair of sandals is strong and sturdy and is extremely comfortable to wear.
- Comes with contoured cork footbed for strong support
- Adjustable buckle gives a snug fit
- Birko-Flor upper lined with a soft fabric provides added comfort
15. Skechers Women’s Cleo Bewitch Ballet Flat
When your feet start swelling, it is good to have a pair of shoes that are fully stretchable. This pair of ballet flats stretches to fit so you can use it before, during, and after your pregnancy.
- Air-cooled memory foam makes it soft to wear
- The design keeps feet cool and free from sweat and odor
- Stretch-fit give a snug, comfortable fitting
- Easily washable in machine
Why Is Good Footwear Important During Pregnancy?
During pregnancy, your feet swell just like the rest of your body. Water retention in the body will only add to this swelling. Also, the rise in upper body weight puts pressure on the knees, ankle, and feet. Thus, good quality shoes suitable for maternity can help relieve some of the pain. A good pair of shoes can prevent pain in the hips and back and eliminate the risk of slipping or tripping over.
What Makes For An Ideal Maternity Footwear?
Consider the following features when choosing shoes or sandals during pregnancy.
- Slips on easily on foot without you having to bend
- Big in size to accommodate your growing feet
- Provides good arch and ankle support
Any pair of shoes fulfilling these qualities can prove to be a good choice.
Types of Maternity Footwear
Pregnancy footwear is not different from regular footwear except for the size and comfort level. Pointed heels are a big no-no during pregnancy. However, a pair of shoes with a two-inch heel should do no harm as long as it is not pointed.
These are some of the different types of flat and comfortable shoes that soon-to-be mothers can opt for:
- Casual shoes: Regular closed-toe shoes without laces are great options if you are looking for comfort.
- Sneakers: Athletic shoes are perfect for every girl when it comes to comfort wear. Sneakers with extra -flexible rubber outsole and soft rubber insole make walking comfortable.
- Boots: Stretchable boots with a wide calf can be comfortable during cold winters. And they look fashionable as well.
- Sandals: Sandals keep the feet fresh and allow the skin to breathe. A sandal is great to wear during summers.
- Crocs: Crocs are lightweight, comfortable, and easy to clean.
- Loafers: These are low-heeled shoes that not only provide comfort, but also look great.
- Canvas shoes: These shoes do not trap moisture, and so they keep your feet dry and comfortable. You can opt for these when spending time outdoors.
Shoe shopping during pregnancy can be frustrating because your feet swell up and contract frequently. It is always advisable to opt for shoes that are stretchable and can accommodate this frequent change in feet size.
These are some of our preferred pregnancy footwear. Which of these shoes or sandals did you like best? Do share your choice with us in the comments section below.