B12 Deficiency Symptoms In Women
B12 is a type of vitamin and B12 deficiency is caused whenever the blood level of the vitamin B12 is low. B12 deficiency can cause serious damage to the nervous tissue. There are various signs and symptoms of B12 deficiency. The symptoms can be categorized as clinical symptoms and psychological symptoms. B12 deficiency is usually caused due to anemia. The B12 deficiency symptoms in women are as follows:
- Weakness: Feeling weak frequently is a sign that the individual may be suffering from B12 deficiency.
- Tiredness: If a person becomes tired easily even due to minor physical activity, there are chances that the person is suffering from B12 deficiency.
- Light-headedness: Feeling light-headedness is also a sign of B12 deficiency.
- Rapid heartbeat: If the heartbeat of a person becomes rapid that is more than the normal heart beat rate, then the person may be suffering B12 syndrome.
- Heavy breathing: Heavy breathing due to an activity is a sign that a per son has B12 deficiency.
- Pale skin: If the skin color of an individual turns pale then she may be a victim of B12 deficiency.
- Sore tongue: B12 deficiency can lead to a person having sore tongue. So, an individual with sore tongue must get himself examined.
- Bruising easily or heavy bleeding: If heavy bleeding occurs in certain body parts of a person then it is a symptom that the person may be having B12 deficiency. In such cases bleeding of the gums is common.
- Stomach upset: If the stomach of a person gets upset frequently or he has frequent stomach ache then it is a sign that he has B12 deficiency.
- Weight loss: Drastic weight loss in an individual is a sign of B12 deficiency.
- Diarrhea or constipation: In case a person is having diarrhea, then he should get examined for B12 deficiency.
- Difficulty in walking: if a person faces difficulty in walking he may be suffering from B12 deficiency.
The psychological symptoms of B12 deficiency are as follows:
- Depression: If a person goes into depression, there are chances that he has B12 deficiency.
- Memory loss: Suffering from memory loss is a sign that the person has B12 deficiency.
- Personality changes: Suffering from personality change in a person is a symptom of B12 deficiency.
In case a person faces any of the above symptoms, she should get himself examined immediately.